Thursday, March 29, 2012

white chocolate / cake batter popcorn

please forgive me as I haven't blogged in a while :)  I promise this one is worth the wait!!!!!!!! 

I introduce to you WHITE CHOCOLATE CAKE BATTER POPCORN! I saw the idea on pinterest of course and needed to make it for myself.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups of white chocolate chips
(2) 3.5 oz bags of original microwave popcorn
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup white cake mix
sprinkles  





Steps:

1. pop bags of popcorn in microwave and pour into big bowl (make sure to pick out all the un-popped kernels)
2. put the white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and melt the chips.  I did this in 30 second increments to prevent burning (took about a minute and a half)
3. mix the vegetable shortening into the melted chips
4. pour in the 1 cup of dry cake mix and stir till the clumps are gone 
5. dump over the popcorn and stir (I did this with my hands and it did get a little messy but you could always stir with a spoon or spatula)
6. sprinkle the sprinkles over the top 
7. let it sit for a while so the whole thing will harden
8. ENJOY!





1 comment: